YOU'RE INVITED TO SERVICES THIS WEEKEND
We made it super easy to join us online this Sunday. We go live at 9:30 and 11:00am!
Wisdom Says…Seek Me
• What would you say is the opposite of wisdom? Can you give an example?
• Read Proverbs 1:1-6. How would you summarize the purpose of the book of Proverbs?
• Read Proverbs 1:7. Typically we see fear as a bad thing, but how is fear a good thing here?
• How does verse 7 define a fool?
• Read Proverbs 26:12. Why is someone who is “wise” in their own eyes in more danger than a fool?
• As you consider wisdom what are the best sources for it?
How would you rate how you are doing seeking wisdom?
Wisdom Says…Invest in Those Closest to You.
• Think back through your relationships and how people have invested in you. What is an example of a positive investment someone made in you?
• Read Proverbs 12:15. How would those closest to you answer if asked if you functioned most like the fool or the wise man when it came to listening to advice?
• Read Proverbs 24:5-6. What do these verses have to teach us about the important of healthy relationships?
• As you think of your relationships, who is someone you are investing in? What does that investment look like?
• Again, as you think about your relationships who is someone you are allowing to pour investment into you?
• What does it mean to choose words wisely?
• James 3:8 says that “no human being can tame the tongue” What does that mean? Should we not try?
• Can you identify ways in which you edify and ways in which you hurt others recently with your words?
• How about ways that you edify and hurt yourself with your own internal dialogue?
• How do your words reflect your heart?
• When is the last time you have asked God to examine your heart?
Wisdom Says… Live Generously
• What’s the best wise advice you have gotten regarding finances?
• How would you define Generosity?
• Read Proverbs 21:26. What does this verse have to say to us about generosity?
• Read Proverbs 14:31. How does this verse tell us we can honor the Lord? And how do we insult our God?
• How could you practice generosity this week? What is keeping you from actually doing it?
All your questions answered here.
This weekend’s service will be held online. However, First Church is one church made of three campuses serving the Saint Joseph, Stevensville and Benton Heights areas. We hope you are able to come visit us in person soon!
• Saint Joseph Campus: 2627 Niles Avenue, Saint Joseph, MI 49085
• Stevensville Campus: 5767 Red Arrow Highway, Stevensville, MI 49127
• Benton Heights Campus: 990 North Euclid, Benton Harbor, MI 49022
We livestream our services every Sunday at 9:30 and 11:00am.